CHTN-FM / OCEAN 100 (Newcap Radio) General Contest Rules
1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 (the “Station”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 reserves the right to cancel a Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. Contests are open to legal Canadian residents, 18 years of age and older (unless otherwise specified), residing in Prince Edward Island only. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of Newcap Radio stations or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate. Potential Contest winners will be required to answer a skill testing question in order to be declared an official winner.
2. Prizes. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 30 days on CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 (unless otherwise expressly specified within the contest listing on-line). After winning a prize valued over $1000, the w inner must wait one full year before they are eligible to win another prize with CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize is CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
3. Participant Conditions/Restrictions. CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100. Listeners can call CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 contest line at 902-368-1720. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100
4. Winner Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce one piece of legal identification satisfactory to the station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, skill testing question before the prize will be awarded. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes, gratuities, incidentals or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified. Only residents of Prince Edward Island may participate in CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 Contests, and will be required to provide a piece of legal identification to prove that they are in fact a resident of Prince Edward Island in order to claim their prize.
5. Release and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation/involvement in the Contest.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available right here http://ocean100.com/ in person at the Station’s studios (Atlantic Technology Centre 176 Great George Street, Suite 320 Charlottetown Prince Edward Island. C1A 4K9) during regular business hours (Monday-Friday. 8:30am – 5:00pm) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at the above address.
Special Internet Rules
1. Game and contest participants using the internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address, and one entry per household.
2. CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
3. CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. CHTN-FM, OCEAN 100 FM, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the General Rules appearing above.
4. Apple is not a sponsor and is not involved in any way in the CHTN FM/Ocean 100 FM contests posted on our website and mobile app.