More road work around Charlottetown today. Here’s the list from the City of Charlottetown:
· Construction for the Water and Sewer Utility Infrastructure Renewal program will continue for the next few months with traffic impacts along Belvedere Avenue this week. It’s anticipated that traffic will experience some delays as a result of this work. Traffic control personnel will be on-site to direct motorists. Sidewalks in the area may be impacted during this work. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.
· Hillside Drive, between Mount Edward Road and Ferndale Drive, will be closed for the day for roadwork. Hillside Drive can be accessed from Maple Avenue or Ferndale Drive, as there will be no access off of Mount Edward Road. Sidewalks in the construction area will remain open.
· Motorists on Walthen Drive, between Gerald Street and Euston Street, may experience temporary delays in traffic movement due to sidewalk construction.
· Sidewalk work will take place on Pine Drive, between Mount Edward Road and Maple Avenue, causing minor delays for motorists in the area.
· Sidewalk work will also take place on Orlebar Street, between Gerald Street and Euston Street, causing minor delays for motorists in the area.
· Curbing work will take place on Trafalgar Street, between Nassau Street to Ashburn Crescent, causing minor delays for motorists in the area.
· Curbing will also take place on Spruce Drive, between Queen Elizabeth Drive and Moreau Drive, causing minor delays for motorists in the area.
· From the Provincial Traffic Advisory: Asphalt cold planing and paving will begin on August 6 in two areas of the Charlottetown Bypass (Route 1). To minimize delays, work on the intersection of Route 1 and St. Peters Road will occur on August 6 and 7 outside times of peak traffic flow: from 6:00 p.m. until late evening. Temporary lighting, signage, and traffic control personnel will be in place. Motorists are asked to exercise caution and follow directions from traffic control personnel. Two-way, one-lane traffic will be maintained during construction hours and delays can be expected.
Work on the intersection of Route 1 and Mt. Edward Road will begin August 8. This work will take place during normal working hours. Two-way, one-lane traffic will be maintained during construction hours and delays can be expected. Work is expected to be complete on August 10.