Eligible organizations include non-profit organizations, groups or service clubs, educational institutions, hospitals, government departments, unions, professional and trade associations, media organizations, and public or private corporations and similar organizations located in the Capital City.
Examples of activities that demonstrate leadership may include, but are not limited to:
• improving access to employment, business and educational opportunities;
• enhancing accessible transportation;
• improving access to information, including use of plain language, multiple formats, and accessible and inclusive signage and wayfinding;
• design of the built environment – indoor or outdoor;
• initiatives to increase community contribution, including social, cultural, recreational and other forms of community contribution;
• initiatives to raise awareness specific to inclusion, diversity and accessibility.
Written nominations can be mailed or emailed to:
City of Charlottetown Accessibility and Inclusion Awards
199 Queen Street, P.O. Box 98,
Charlottetown PE C1A 7K2
For the online form, visit www.charlottetown.ca and click on Events and Initiatives.