- The expansion Vegas Golden Knights are headed to the Western Conference Final in their inaugural season after beating the San Jose Sharks 3-0 in Game 6 of their second-round series.
- Marc-Andre Fleury made 28 saves in his fourth shutout of the playoffs as Tampa Bay beat Boston 3-1 to advance to the Eastern Conference final and eliminate the Bruins in five games.
- Canada ran over Korea, 10-0 at the World Hockey Championship in Copenhagen Sunday.Connor McDavid with a goal and two assists. and Curtis McElhinney with a 15 save shutout. Canada plays Denmark today.
- Golden State downed the New Orleans Pelicans 118-92 for a 3-1 lead in their second-round series in the Western Conference final. The Houston Rockets were 100-87 winners over the Utah Jazz and now hold a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference semifinal series.
- The Toronto Blue Jays avoided a sweep in Tampa as they edge the Rays 2-1 to stop a three-game losing streak.
- The Red Sox downed the Rangers 6 – 1…the Mets fell 3 – 2 to Colorado…the Twins were 5 – 3 winners over the White Sox.
- Jason Day shot a 2-under 69 to win the Wells Fargo Championship by two strokes over Aaron Wise and Nick Watney.
- Canada takes on host Denmark at the world men’s hockey championship. The contest could feature a battle between Toronto Maple Leafs goalies. Curtis McElhinney started yesterday’s 10-0 win over South Korea while Toronto starter Frederik Andersen is expected to play for the Danes.
- The Toronto Raptors are playing for their season tonight in Cleveland. The Cavaliers can sweep the best-of-seven second-round series with a victory.
- The Boston Celtics can advance to the Eastern Conference final with a win over the Philadelphia 76ers. Boston leads that series three games to none.
- The Toronto Blue Jays open a home series against the Seattle Mariners. Toronto is coming off a 2-1 win over Tampa Bay yesterday. Right-hander Marcus Stroman gets the ball for Toronto while Seattle counters with left-hander James Paxton.
- The late Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson has posthumously been given an honorary bachelor of science degree by Georgia Southern University. Jackson and his Uber driver were killed in Indiana when the vehicle they were in was struck by an unlicensed driver. Jackson had walked on to Georgia Southern’s football team and joined the Colts in 2015.
Tampa Bay 3 Boston 1
(Tampa Bay wins series 4-1)
Vegas 3 San Jose 0
(Vegas wins series 4-2)
IIHF World Championships
At Herning, Denmark
Canada 10 South Korea 0
Norway 5 Germany 4 (SO)
Finland 8 Latvia 1
Russia 7 Austria 0
Sweden 3 Czech Republic 2
Switzerland 2 Slovakia 0
Toronto 7 Syracuse 1
(Toronto leads series 3-0)
Golden State 118 New Orleans 92
(Golden State leads series 3-1)
Houston 100 Utah 87
(Houston leads series 3-1)
Toronto 2 Tampa Bay 1
N.Y. Yankees 7 Cleveland 4
Minnesota 5 Chicago White Sox 3
Kansas City 4 Detroit 2
Boston 6 Texas 1
Oakland 2 Baltimore 1
L.A. Angels 8 Seattle 2
Colorado 3 N.Y. Mets 2
San Francisco 4 Atlanta 3
Washington 5 Philadelphia 4
Pittsburgh 9 Milwaukee 0
San Diego 3 L.A. Dodgers 0
Miami 8 Cincinnati 5
St. Louis 4 Chicago Cubs 3 (14 innings)
Arizona 3 Houston 1
Orlando City 3 Real Salt Lake 1
(All times Eastern)
Washington at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
(Washington leads series 3-2)
Nashville at Winnipeg, 9:30 p.m.
(Winnipeg leads series 3-2)
IIHF World Championship
Russia vs. Belarus, 10:15 a.m.
France vs. Sweden, 2:15 p.m.
At Herning, Denmark
Germany vs. United States, 10:15 a.m.
Denmark vs. Canada, 2:15 p.m.
Tucson at Texas, 8 p.m.
(Series tied 1-1)
Boston at Philadelphia, 6 p.m.
(Boston leads series 3-0)
Toronto at Cleveland, 8:30 p.m.
(Cleveland leads series 3-0)
Detroit (Fulmer 1-2) at Texas (Moore 1-4), 8:05 p.m.
Houston (Keuchel 1-5) at Oakland (TBD), 10:05 p.m.
San Francisco (Samardzija 1-1) at Philadelphia (Eflin 0-0), 7:05 p.m.
N.Y. Mets (Conlon 0-0) at Cincinnati (Bailey 0-4), 7:10 p.m.
Miami (Garcia 1-0) at Chicago Cubs (Hendricks 2-2), 8:05 p.m.
Washington (Strasburg 3-3) at San Diego (Ross 2-2), 10:10 p.m.
Minnesota (Romero 1-0) at St. Louis (Gant 1-0), 8:10 p.m.