The provincial Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled on three recent fires.
One destroyed a home in Bellevue on April 17th. The fire has been ruled accidental, and caused by a buildup of material in the dryer vent hose. The Fire Marshal’s Office says it shows how important it is to keep the dryer vent hose and lint trap clean.
Material catching fire near a wood burning stove has been found to be the cause of a house fire in Hazelbrook on April 14th.
An April 9th fire caused so much damage to a home in Orwell, that the cause can’t be determined.