– PEI’s Mark Arendz has captured his second medal of the 2018 Paralympics in Pyeonchang. The 28 year-old Hartsville athlete took bronze this morning in the men’s 12.5-kilometre standing biathlon. Mark won silver on Saturday in the 7.5 km standing biathlon.
– Billy Bridges and Team Canada clinched top spot in their group and are through to the semi-finals in Paralympic Hockey in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Bridges led the way with two goals in Canada’s 8 – 0 win over Norway on Monday. Canada waits the end of prelim play tioday to find out who they will face in the semis.
– Mid-Isle Matrix took game 2 of the PEI Midget Triple A final with a 6 – 4 win over the Red Devils in Pownal last night. the MAtrix lead the best of seven 2 – 0 with game 3 slated for tonight in Cornwall at 7:40.
– The best of five Midget AAA female chapionship is all tied up as the Mid-Isle Wildcats edged Kings County 2 – 1 at APM Centre last night. Game 3 is Wednesday night in Crapaud.
– NHL action had Ottawa with the 5 – 3 win over Florida…LA blanked Vancouver 3 – 0…Montreal suffered another loss, this time to Columbus 5 – 2…and the Jets were downed 3 – 2 by Washington.
– Charlottetown Islanders are in Acadie-Bathurst tonight to face the division-leading Titan at 7. Because of expected weather conditions Wednesday, the game was re-scheduled for tonight.
– PEI Junior B semi-finals start tonight in Evangeline as the Western Red Wings host the Eastern Maniacs at 7:30.
– Game 3 of the PEI Midget Triple A final hits the ice in Cornwall at 7:40 as the Matrix host the Red Devils at APM Centre. Mid-Isle leads the best of seven 2 – 0 after downing Pownal 6 – 4 last night.
– The Bantam AAA final is all squared up heading into game 3 tonight at Simmons. Central Attack hosts the PC Warriors. Puck drops at 6.
– The Island Storm hit the court in Kitchener-Waterloo tonight in their road swing in the NBL.
– The Raptors put their eight-game win streak on the line when they visit the Nets in Brooklyn.