Summerside Police administered Narcan to an 18 year-old man who stopped breathing after a drug overdose last weekend.
Shortly after midnight on Sunday, December 17, police responded to a Granville Street parking lot regarding a man who was reported to have overdosed on drugs.
Police were advised by witnesses that the 18 year old had been acting erratically and was foaming at the mouth. Shortly after police arrived on the scene the man fell unconscious and appeared to have stopped breathing.
An officer on the scene administered Narcan nasal spray to the Summerside area man and a short time later he regained consciousness.
The man was transported by EMS to the Prince County Hospital for further treatment.