The Greater Summerside Chamber of Commerce handed out the hardware Thursday night at its 24th Annual Business Excellence Awards.
34 area businesses were nominated in seven award categories with a sold out crowd at the Loyalist Country Inn and Suites.
– The City of Summerside Award for Community Impact went to Amalgamated Dairies Limited;
– City Flooring was honoured for Business Excellence with 1-10 Employees;
– Water Street Bakery received the award for Business Excellence with 11-plus employees;
– New Business of the Year honours went to Holman’s Ice Cream Parlour;
– John’s Greenhouses was named Innovator of the Year;
– The People’s Choice Award was won by Enman’s AVU;
– and Kim Sharp of Kool Breeze Farms was named Employee of the Year.